Newly single as I am I have decided to explore the world of online dating. This may very well prove to be a mistake. I signed up at 2 popular sites to see how it goes. The first, okcupid, is free. The second, match, is not. 1 week into it all and I'm not feeling very successful. It's very possible the world of online dating is not for me. I have never met anyone that I've dated through an online source. Does anyone else think online dating is wierd?? I'm going to hang with it for now and see what happens......
Week 2....
Does anyone else out there feel like you are shopping for a date when you are browsing profiles on these sites?? It's kind of creeping me out! Needless to say I have cancelled my match.com account, there were too many rules and regulations! To post pics you have to have them "approved" by some unseen force which takes 1-2 days. I just didn't like that I couldn't post what I wanted. (not that I was posting anything inappropriate BUT still!)
And what is up with this whole "wink" system? It's available on both sites but I choose never to respond to guys who only give me a virtual wink! Seriously, if you can't think of a good icebreaker then why are you sending me a fake wink?? Get it together guys!
I have already gotten 2 threesome invites and one guy who wanted just to be friends with benefits. There have been several interesting looking guys on both sites but so far no one interesting enough to actually meet up with. I gave my number to 2 people, one has been calling and texting waaaay too much for me to be comfortable meeting him now and the other just wants to be friends (Or so he says...) and we haven't met up yet.
This online dating thing is turning out to be just as big of a disappointment as I thought it might be. Anyone out there have pointers?
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment