Monday, January 18, 2010

Movie Reviews......by Ginger and Ruthie

Rating-0-5 cheese, 5 being the best movie ever (like a really fabulous new york sharp chedder or danish blue), 0 being total crap (kraft singles)

Avatar:
Ginger-very strange mix between the blue man group, transformers, and twilight that took way too long to be over! 3-d may have been its only saving grace! 3/5 cheese

Ruthie- first this is not the first movie I have seen in the last 6 months that involved a giant blue alien...the first was Watchmen, which was horrible! Horrible! It did contain full frontal male nudity, which was funny, however overall horrible! Avatar was long. I liked the 3-D and visually it was amazing but it was just such a long long movie ( I'm talking two VHS tapes long, the kind of movie you that you had to rent on TWO tapes because it was sooo long) and the story seemed like it was dragging on and on. I would give it a 3/5 cheese, however without the 3D this rating would be lower.

Wedding Crashers (I know this is not a new movie BUT by reading our ratings it will help give you a vibe for the kind of movies we like):

Ruthie: This is the movie I judge other funny movies on. I loved it! I would give it a really solid 5/5. It is the perfect mix of stupid/silly humor and some smarter well thought out lines. Plus you get to see Vince Vaughn in madras pants and Christopher Walken is in it, all good things! And it is full of great one liners that stick in your head and make you laugh later when you are thinking about them. And one more point. If you are ever watching it on TBS they dub "Jesus Christ!" with "Cheese and Rice!" which only makes it funnier! Vince Vaughn screaming "cheese and rice!" is all laughs in my book.

Ginger: not only would I like to be Rachel Mcadams when I grow up but I also love any Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson combo. This movie is by far one of the funniest I have ever seen! From beginning to end it is full of fabulous, sarcastic one liners that I just can't get enough of. And it has a happy ending! 5/5 cheese!

Food, Inc:

Ginger: I was slightly disturbed by the slaughterhouse depictions that were thrown in without warning throughout this movie. I know the realities of slaughterhouses but didn't really want to see them in action. I think this movie has good points and is an eye opener in many ways. It was fairly disturbing though and has put me off meat for a while. And when I am back to eating meat again I am only buying through local producers at farmers markets. Factory farms (shudder) are awful! 3/5 cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment